The 3MT Colloquium
The S. S. Huebner Foundation and ARIA virtually hosted its Doctoral Colloquium on March 26, 2021 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
The five 3MT finalists presented an expanded version of their 3 Minute Thesis to a panel of distinguished scholars and industry executives who asked questions and provide feedback. ARIA members, Huebner Alumni and others who have an interest in risk and insurance research were invited to participate as audience members in the colloquium.
Watch the 2021 Videos
The five winners of the 3MT received a $2,000 cash scholarship funded by the S.S. Huebner Foundation and ARIA. Carlos Alejandro Nunez won the People's Choice Awards, receiving $500. 3MT finalists were also invited to participate in the colloquium and the Foundation will feature competition winners on the S.S. Huebner Foundation for Insurance Education webpage and newsletters during the course of the competition and throughout the academic year.
The 3MT presentation judges and Doctoral Colloquium panelists will be academics and corporate executives affiliated with the S.S. Huebner Foundation for Insurance Education and ARIA.
- Robert Henrikson Chair, Huebner Board, President & CEO, MetLife (ret)
- Donna Kinnaird, Huebner Board Member, Director, New York Life
- Anne Kleffner, Huebner Fellow (1992), ARIA President, University of Calgary
- Jim Moore, Huebner Fellow (1998), Huebner Board Member, President, Avalana Advisors
- Richard Phillips, Huebner Fellow (1994), Huebner Board Member, Georgia State University
- Joan Schmit, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Risk and Insurance, University of Wisconsin